- This event has passed.
2021 Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off
October 9, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Tickets for this event are sold out
WALK-IN ATTENDEE POLICY: Our objective is to give our ticket holders priority admittance and maintain a comfortable and safe event space with sufficient room for social distancing. As long as those conditions can be met, we will admit walk-in attendees under these guidelines on a first come first served basis.
- Walk-in attendees will be admitted in first-come, first-served fashion.
- Ticketed attendees should arrive no later than 1 hour after the start of their ticketed viewing period. Walk-in attendees may be admitted within the first hour of each viewing period if our staff feels comfortable that we can accommodate additional guests in addition to the anticipated ticketed guests.
- We can not guarantee admittance for anyone without a ticket.
Join us for Fort Collins Nursery’s 13th Annual Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off on Saturday, October 9th. We are an officially sanctioned contest site for the Great Pumpkin Commonwealth which brings a whole new level of competition and some truly staggering entries! Growers will compete for $5,400 in cash prizes and awards in multiple prize categories.
- Date: Saturday, October 9
- Time: 10-3 with viewing times from 10:00am – 12:25 pm and 12:35 pm – 3:00pm
- Tickets: Free (Everyone 3 and over needs a ticket). Maximum 6 tickets per order
- Audience members are encouraged to bring lawn chairs for additional seating
- Well-behaved pets on leashes are welcome!
- Schmickels Hot Dog Cart from 10am – 2pm
Limited Audience Attendance
Due to the continued risks presented by COVID-19, this year’s contest is a ticketed event for the general public in order to provide a safe and comfortable experience and avoid overcrowding. Tickets are free with two time slots available: 10:00am – 12:25 pm and 12:35 pm – 3:00pm. Attendance is capped at 250 people per time slot.
Attendees must arrive and check in no more than 1 hour after the start of their selected time slot. One hour after the start of each time slot, all unused tickets will be void and made available to walk-in attendees.
We have also made the difficult decision to cancel the activities normally included in our Fall Jamboree including the beer tent, tractor hayrides, pumpkin bowling, and face painting.
Competition Categories & Prizes
- Heaviest Pumpkin
- Heaviest Pumpkin 1st Place: $2,600
- Heaviest Pumpkin 2nd Place: $1,200
- Heaviest Pumpkin 3rd Place: $600
- Heaviest Pumpkin 4th Place: $400
- Heaviest Pumpkin 5th Place: $200
- Heaviest Pumpkin 6th Place: $100
- Heaviest Pumpkin 7th Place: $25
- Heaviest Pumpkin 8th Place: $25
- Heaviest Pumpkin 9th Place: $25
- Heaviest Pumpkin 10th Place: $25
- Heaviest Squash 1st Place: $100
- Howard Dill (Prettiest Pumpkin) 1st Place: $50
- Longest Long Gourd 1st Place: $50
- Kids Division (13 and under) 1st, 2nd, 3rd place: $25 Gift Card to Fort Fun & Ribbon
Kids Division entries will be weighed and prizes distributed before weighing the adult division entries.
Rules and Regulations
Giant Pumpkin Donations
Due to the continued risks presented by COVID-19, we will not feature any of the activities normally included in our Fall Jamboree this year including the beer tent, tractor hayrides, pumpkin bowling, and face painting. We look forward to returning these activities to our Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off in 2022.
Video from 2020 Weigh-Off
Originally published on April 8th, 2021. Updated on October 21st, 2021.