This page contains Fort Collins Nursery’s policies on Guarantee, Returns, Restock Fees, and Plant Holding/Pick-up. Click the links below to find each policy:
Guarantee & Return Policy
Our goal is to help you be a successful gardener. That is why all plants and merchandise purchased from Fort Collins Retail Nursery are guaranteed. If any purchase fails to perform, please return it (or its remains) within the time specified in this policy, along with your receipt.
While we make every effort to educate customers and help with appropriate product selection, it is ultimately the customer’s responsibility to confirm the suitability of their purchase. Products that are purchased and then returned for reasons other than failure to perform may be subject to our Restocking Fee Policy below.
All guarantees begin the date the customer takes possession of their merchandise. The following codes are found next to each item on the receipt and correspond to the guarantee given:
- Code A – 30 day guarantee: All Greenhouse plants, including but not limited to annuals, houseplants, bonsai, orchids, and other tropical non-winter hardy plants.
- Code N – 1 year guarantee: All winter hardy perennial and woody nursery stock, hardy bulbs, and bare-root stock.
- Code M – 30 day guarantee or as specified by manufacturer: Non-plant merchandise excluding fountains.
- Code F – 1 year conditional guarantee: Fountains and pumps. Fountains require special winterizing care, and damage determined to be the result of improper winter care is not covered by our guarantee.
If any purchase fails to perform, please return it along with your receipt.
For a refund, (less applicable fees per our Restocking Fee Policy), return within:
- 7 days for plants returned in a live and healthy condition as determined by our staff (Codes A and N)
- 30 days for non-plant merchandise (Codes M and F)
For replacement or store credit, (less applicable fees per our Restocking Fee Policy), return within:
- 1 year for all winter hardy perennial and woody nursery stock, hardy bulbs, and bare-root stock (Code N)
- 30 days for all greenhouse plants, including but not limited to annuals, houseplants, bonsai, orchids, and other tropical non-winter hardy plants, as well as all non-plant merchandise (Codes A, M, and F)
Labor charges for delivery, planting, and/or installation of merchandise are not refundable once that merchandise has been delivered to the customer.
Please present merchandise and receipt for all returns. No refunds will be made for plants returned more than 7 days after the original date of purchase.
Restock Fee Policy
A Restocking Fee will be applied to returns or exchanges of merchandise with a retail cost of $100.00 or greater, including modifications to pick up, delivery, and planting orders. This restocking fee does not apply to merchandise being returned for any issue covered by our Guarantee & Return Policy.
This Restocking Fee is calculated based on the non-discounted price of the merchandise, regardless of whether or not the customer received a discount on the original purchase. The Restocking fee is 20% of the full retail cost of the returned merchandise. Wholesale customers will be charged 20% of the wholesale cost of the returned merchandise.
Charges for labor associated with delivery and/or installation of merchandise are not subject to a Restocking Fee. Event tickets are not subject to a Restocking Fee, however Service Fees associated with the purchase of tickets are charged by the third-party ticketing agency and are non-refundable.
Restocking Fees may be waived at the discretion of Fort Collins Nursery.
This policy takes effect on June 15th, 2023 and applies to all purchases made on or after that date.
Plant Holding/Pick-up Policy
Customer purchases of Nursery Stock (hardy trees, shrubs, perennials, grasses, and vines) may be held for later customer pick up for a maximum of two months from the date of purchase, and must be picked up no later than October 31st.
Customer purchases of houseplants, bonsai, orchids, and other tropical non winter-hardy plants, or Hard Goods (non-plant merchandise) may be held for later customer pick up for a maximum of two months from the date of purchase.
Fort Collins Nursery will not hold annuals, vegetables, or herbs. These items must be taken at the time of purchase.
Customers will be notified as their pickup deadline approaches via the phone number they provide. Any purchases that are not picked up by this deadline will be returned to inventory. Any applicable fees per the Restocking Fee Policy will be deducted from the amount to be refunded to the customer, and the remaining balance will be refunded to the customer’s original form of payment.
Pickup deadlines and restrictions may be waived at the discretion of Fort Collins Nursery.
Originally published on January 19th, 2017. Updated on June 19th, 2023.