We want you working with us!
As the premier retail nursery in northern Colorado for over 90 years, we take pride in not just growing the best plants but also the best employees around! Whether you are looking for a seasonal position or to grow as a professional in the horticulture field, we strive to support our employees’ personal and professional growth. This means honest wages, supporting a work-life balance, encouraging the pursuit of knowledge, and a positive atmosphere and culture built on values including integrity, honesty, and commitment to excellence. In return, we are looking for employees with a positive attitude, dependability, and the desire to grow. If this sounds like you, and you are looking to work somewhere you can be supported and truly contribute to a team, then drop us an application!
We are always looking for strong candidates to join our team, and will post opportunities periodically year-round. More positions typically become available in early Spring as we look to fill seasonal openings. We have a variety of positions to suit diverse interests; additionally, knowledge of plants is not required if you have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Join the Fort Collins Nursery team and help spread the joy of plants!
**We offer a hiring bonus for employees who are fully fluent in both English and another language, including ASL. Please be sure to let us know if you are bilingual!**
Check below for current job openings. Click on the links to view job descriptions and to apply online.
Click here to download a copy of our Application for Employment. You can also get an Application for Employment at the nursery (map). Printed applications should be submitted in person, and should include a resume.
No calls please.
To apply in person, visit us at
2121 E. Mulberry St.
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Positions currently available are listed below:
Originally published on January 24th, 2011. Updated on February 21st, 2024.
Garden Shop Sales Associate (Seasonal)
Wage range: $15-16/hr. depending on qualifications.
Are you passionate about plants, plant care, and helping customers create a green oasis of their own? If so, we have the perfect opportunity! Fort Collins Nursery, the premier Northern Colorado nursery dedicated to growing top-quality plants and staff, is seeking a dynamic and customer-focused individual to join our team as a Garden Shop Sales Associate. We are currently hiring for full-time and part-time positions; our season typically runs from date of hire through mid-July.
- Provide exceptional customer service, including working with customers to identify their needs and recommend appropriate products and services.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and visually appealing sales floor.
- Process customer transactions accurately and efficiently using POS.
- Stay informed on current and seasonal gardening trends, and use this knowledge to enhance the customer experience.
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members to create a positive and supportive work environment.
- Quick learner with an attention to detail.
- Effective communicator and team player.
- Previous retail experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work outdoor register station during Spring/Summer months.
- Ability to spend shift on their feet in a variety of weather conditions.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly (with assistance).
- Accrued paid time off for sick leave and vacation.
- Education benefits.
- Employee discounts on products.
- Positive and inclusive work culture.
For full information on benefits and job description, please contact us.
To apply, drop off your resume in person or apply through our career portal here.
Accepting applications on an on-going basis.