- This event has passed.
January 22 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm$18
Presented by Mason Vollmer
- Date: Sunday, January 22
- Doors: 12:15 pm
- Class: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- Tickets: $18
- Food & drinks will not be provided but you are welcome to bring your own.
Horticultural Educator Mason Vollmer will present on Accessible Gardening that shows techniques on how to bring gardening closer to people of all ages and abilities by using various container strategies and staging, wheelchair accessible greenhouse design, raised beds, and dwarf fruit trees.
Incorporating strategies for greater garden accessibility will not only extend the ease of gardening to folks of all ages, abilities, and mobility, but also includes: vertical space-saving techniques, containers and raised beds that can be protected against pests, incorporate water saving systems, and season-extension covers. We will also look at adaptive tools and what makes a good tool good.
Presented by Mason Vollmer:
Mason Vollmer is a retired Waldorf high school science and gardening teacher. Author of Growing Gardens – Growing People volume 1: Creating the Great School Garden and volume 2: The Community Nursery as an Inclusive Social Enterprise.
Important class details (Please read carefully)
This workshop is planned based on the current health and safety guidelines issued by the Larimer County Health Department and the Colorado Department of Public Health.
- Masks are not required but are encouraged
- We will space out seating as best we can to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling sick or demonstrating any symptoms of COVID-19 or any respiratory illness the day of the presentation or have recently been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. We will happily refund your tickets.
Click here for a list of all our 2023 Winter Workshops
Originally published on December 8th, 2022. Updated on January 17th, 2023.