Christmas Tree Design Challenge
November 19 @ 9:00 am - December 11 @ 5:00 pm
Decorating your tree is a reflection of your own personality and a yearly opportunity to let your artistic side shine. We want to see what you come up with so Fort Collins Nursery is hosting our first ever Christmas Tree Design Challenge. The winner will walk away with a $250 gift card!
Simply fill out the form below and upload a photo of your decorated tree between November 19th and December 11th. All photo entries will be posted on this page for everyone to see and may be reposted on our Facebook and Instagram accounts. Our panel of special guest judges will vote on their top favorites using a points system and the entry with the highest number of votes will be crowned the winner!
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Visual Appeal
- Innovation of Design (Creativity & Originality)
- Quality of Work and Actualization of Design
- Overall Presentation
Entries do not need to be traditional or fancy (although they can be) and we encourage designs that are unique, whimsical, and fun. Judges will pick their favorites using a point system. An additional point will be awarded for trees featuring at least 1 ornament from our 2023 collection (please give a brief description of the ornament when submitting your photo).
Guest Judging Panel
- Liz Barnez: Musician/Performing Songwriter
- Margot Chobanian: Program Director/ On-air Talent at 105.5 The Colorado Sound
- Lydia Dody: Founder & Account Executive at NOCO Style
- Jesse Eastman: Owner & General Manager at Fort Collins Nursery
- Lisa Hatchadoorian: Executive Director at Museum of Art | Fort Collins
- Gary Hixon: Owner of Gary Hixon Designs
- Kelly Kellow: Mastermind behind Gardens on Spring Creek – Garden of Lights design & installation
- Lauren Springer: Designer, Author, and Plantswoman
- Submit entries between November 19th and December 11th.
- Judges will vote between December 12th and December 18th.
- Winner will be announced December 19th.
Christmas Tree Design Challenge Photo Submission
Please enter your contact information and upload your photo below.
Originally published on November 11th, 2022. Updated on November 19th, 2022.