We are sad to announce that beginning January 1st, 2019, we will no longer be offering a recycling program for nursery pots. While this program has been extremely popular, we have recently learned that our local plastics recycling facilities will no longer accept nursery pots with their standard recycling loads. This means that nursery plastic can only be reused or sent to the landfill.
Our goal is to develop a pot return program so we can accept the certain types of pots that we can reuse in our own plant production. However, until we can work out the details of how that might work, we are unable to accept any used plastic pots.
As of January 22, 2019, pots larger than the #5 / 5 gallon size may still be recycled at the Timberline Recycling Center, located at 1903 S. Timberline Rd. This center offers a wide range of recycling for all kinds of “hard-to-recycle” items and is open Tuesday – Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- For more information on recycling in Fort Collins, click here.
- For more information on recycling in Loveland, click here.
- For more information on recycling in Greeley, click here.
- For more information on recycling in Cheyenne, click here.
- For more information on recycling in Laramie, click here.
Updated January 22, 2019
Originally published on November 1st, 2018. Updated on January 22nd, 2019.