Create a tropical atmosphere for your patio this summer with beautiful and exotic Hibiscus and Mandevilla plants from Fort Collins Nursery.
- Hibiscus and mandevilla are both relatively easy to grow and are prolific producers of colorful, trumpet-shaped flowers over a long blooming season.
- In our colder climate, these tropical plants need to be grown in containers, allowing them to be easily moved from outside to inside as the seasons change.
- Both plants require sun and do best outdoors in the summer or near a south facing window while inside during the colder months.
- When watering, the soil should be kept evenly moist. Be careful not to let it dry out.
- Both plants should be potted in containers that aren’t too much deeper than the root system to ensure consistent production of flowers. Deep pots are not bad for the plants, but they will invest more energy building root systems than flowering.
Originally published on April 4th, 2018. Updated on May 8th, 2019.