February 6 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$12.50
Presented by Randy Meyer
- Date: Feb. 6th, 1 – 2pm
- Class Level: Beginner-Intermediate
- Cost: $12.50
- Location: Virtual class hosted by Zoom Webinars
In this class we’ll explore conditions and design ideas including lighting, humidity, size, textures and colors of plants in addition to decorative containers and other enhancements to create the look and feel you want. We’ll talk about individual plant needs and how plants often thrive when grouped together and given the correct conditions.
Presented by Randy Meyer
Randy Meyer, founder of Tropiflora, has had a lifelong love affair with plants. He enjoys sharing his knowledge and passion with clients and helping them bring the benefits of the natural world indoors.
Born and raised in a small Wisconsin town, Randy grew up with a deep appreciation for gardening. There were always plants and flowers in their home and his parents’ extensive gardens were his hands-on classroom. Randy studied horticulture and floriculture (flowering and ornamental crops) at the University of Wisconsin. As a student, he was selected to design and plant the ornamental gardens on campus.
After college, Randy moved to Portland, Oregon and worked for a wholesale grower of tropical plants and went on to manage an interior plantscaping company. He later became the head gardener for a thirteen-acre botanical garden. His interest in tropical plants eventually drew him to Hawaii where he owned a woodworking business and worked with the native flora as caretaker for a three-acre property.
Randy and his family have called Fort Collins home since 1998 where he started Tropiflora in 2007. He blends his plant care experience with a study of emerging worldwide research which demonstrates the many measurable health benefits of having plants in the home or workplace. His knowledge and expertise are unique, valuable resources for the Northern Colorado region.
Important registration details (Please read carefully)
- Please note that Eventbrite serves as our ticketing platform only. After registering, you will receive an automated email from Zoom with the subject “[class name] Confirmation.” It contains instructions on how to access and log in to the presentation. Each attendee will receive their own personal login information that can’t be shared.
- You do not need to create an account or login to an Eventbrite account to access physical tickets. If you receive a link to claim your tickets from Eventbrite, please disregard and wait for your Zoom confirmation. If you purchased a ticket for someone else, please share this information with them.
- You are registering for a virtual class that will be presented through Zoom Webinars. You can join a Zoom webinar without downloading any plugins or software but you will need internet access.
- Please note that refunds can only be accepted up to 1 day in advance of the event. Refunds can be processed through eventbrite and not directly by Fort Collins Nursery. You must sign into your Eventbrite account to process refunds.
Originally published on December 14th, 2020. Updated on January 4th, 2021.